Blueberries. Gotta love them! The blueberry is a small antioxidant bomb, is highly nutricious and is a low calorie fruit. On top of that it blends in perfectly with my all-time favourite cold weather breakfast: warm oats with unsweetened almond milk, honey and roasted pecans. Only writing about it makes me drool.
Ingredients breakfast oats
This must be the most simple recipe ever. The only ingredients you need are:
- 5 Tablespoons of oats – any kind you prefer
- 250 ml (Unsweetened) almond milk – or any other milk you prefer
- Honey – or another sweetener of your preference
- 3 Tablespoons of blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons of Roasted pecans
- Optional toppings: 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, 1 tablespoon of goji berries, 1 tablespoon of grated coconut.
Preparation breakfast oats
Put a pan on the stove and add the milk and oats. Laag vuur. Stir until the substance is as thick as you like it. I prefer it thick and sticky. J Make sure it doesn’t boil! Just before you take it off the stove, add the blueberries for just 20 to 30 seconds. In that way they turn a little softer and warmer without taking away their natural ‘bite’. Take the pan of the stove and add the optional toppings and roasted pecans. Top off with honey.
Enjoy your delish brekkie!