The initial reason why I bought the Juisz 6 day detox is because a friend really wanted to detox. In the past I would do a five day juice detox approximately every 3 months. Detoxing made me feel less bloaded and going to the bathroom seemed a lot easier in the months after the detox.
Since then, I changed a lot regarding my eating habits. I live by the 80/20 principle. 80% healthy and 20% whatever I want. It works excellent for me. Since I started living by this 80-20 rule 5 years ago, I have hardly ever felt bloaded and I never have stool problems. On top of that I learned how to appreciate and how to cook delicious healthy food. I feel less need to eat ‘unhealthy’ and I generally feel very fit and balanced.
Back to the subject. The direct result of the 80/20 principle is that I haven’t done a detox in 5 years. And God I’m thankful for this fact. I HATED detoxing. I would be moody, tired, cranky and expecially VERY hungry. Something everybody that knows me knows about me is that I eat a lot and all the time. I LOVE food! I love to cook food and I especially love to eat food. I’m very lucky and greatful to be one of those anoying people to have an amazing metabolism and I actually like working out.
Despite the beforementioned, I’m a very considerate colleague so I offered her to do the detox with her. I also was a bit curious if it would be less hard now that I’m eating healthy and there’s less to detox. My colleague picked a detox program I wasn’t very excited about, so I started doing my own reserach and elected Juisz.
Why Juizs detox?
The thing with a lot of the detoxes in the market is that you get to drink only 3 juices a day. Three a day. Seriously? I normally eat every two hours and drink the whole day. When I came across Juisz, the first thing I noticed is that they offer 6 drinks a day. Three liquid salads in different tastes, 1 soup, 1 nut milk and a bottle of detox water. On top of that it’s possible to order extra add ons, so called shots. In combination with tea and 0.5 coconut water this could actually work for me.
Challenges Juizs detox
There will be a few huge challenges for me starting this detox.
– Not eating and especially not chewing. I have two additictions: food and chewing gum. And I can’t indulge in either of them over the next 6 days. The horror.
– Having to cook dinner for my husband and two children and sit at the table with them while I’m drinking my soup. How can one survive?
– Staying focussed and concentrated at work.
– Having to be able to stay a sweet mother to my children while I will feel very cranky.
Advantages Juisz detox
– Not having to do meal preps. That will save me a lot of time preparing the salads and backing the healthy carrot banana cakes and sweet patatoe brownies I take to work.
– As I expect not to have a lot of energy the coming 5 days, I will (try to) go to bed at 22:00 every night, read the book that has been waiting for me for the past year and actually go to sleep at 22:30. Hopefully as a result I will wake up rested when my alarm clock sounds at 6:30 every morning.
– I’ve injured my calf muscle a few weeks ago. Last week at bootcamp it started to hurt really bad. So much that I couldn’t run and wasn’t able to do half of the exercises. Very frustrating. I’ve started dry needling at fysion therapy the other day and have to rest for two weeks. I can only train my upper body. So I won’t go to bootcamp in the 6 detox days. I feel cycling for an hour to and from work is enough excercise anyway when you have less than 1000 calories a day. This means I have an evening to watch two episodes of Game of Thrones! Bliss!
Menu Juisz detox day 1
To make detoxing live easier, Juisz shares the daily juice menus on their website. I added some drinks to it so I can indulge in a different drink approximately every hour. Ofcourse I will drink tea and water additionaly the whole day through.
– 08:00 – Warm water with lemon and himalaya salt.
– 09:00 – Hot water with half a ginger shot.
– 10:00 – Liquid salad spinach – 210 ml.
– 11:15 – Glass of detox water cucumber basil.
– 12:30 – Liquid salad betroot – 210 ml.
– 13:30 – Glass of detox water cucumber basil.
– 14:30 – Hot water with half a ginger shot.
– 15:30 – Liquid salad kale – 210 ml.
– 16:45 – Glas of coconut water.
– 18:00 – Veggie soup pumpkin.
– 19:00 – Glas of coconut water.
– 20:00 – Nut milk cashew.
Did I survive day 1 of the Juisz detox?
I certainly did! I have been feeling tired and drained for a while know. Rebuilding our new house, the actual move, a very busy and demanding job, some freelance assignments on the side, two children under the age of 4 and the fact that I’m a social animal with a great weakness for everything that’s fun and convivial apparently is a bit too much for me to handle. Although I wasn’t looking forward to today, for the first time in my detox life it wasn’t that hard. As I scheduled my drinks so I had something new every hour it was actually doable. Don’t get me wrong, I was and am still hungry, but I can manage. Ánd I’m not cranky. At least, I don’t think so. 😉
As it”s almost 10 PM and I still want to take a long and relaxing shower, I’m logging off. I will check back in for a detox update on Friday to tell you how day 2 – 5 went. I’m not getting my hopes up just yet…