Carrot cake truffles are a healthy and delicious snack. Even better, they’re very easy to make. All you need for 10 to 12 (depends on the size you prefer) delicious carrot cake truffles is:
Ingredients carrot cake truffle filling
– 5 Jumbo Medjool dates – this type of date is plump, luscious and moist which make them perfect for the filling of
these healthy truffles.
– 65 Grams of almond flour or coconut flour – depends on your taste. You can even do 50-50.
– 100 Grams of grated carrots.
– 50 Grams of walnuts or pecans – again, depends on your taste. 50-50 Is also delicious.
– A pinch of cinnamon.
– A pinch of Himalaya salt.
– Optional: a tablespoon of grated coconut.
Ingredients carrot cake truffle chocolate layer
– 80 Grams of 85% chocolate.
– Half tablespoon of coconut oil.
How to make healthy carrot cake truffles – filling
– Remove pits from dates and put them in the foodprocessor with the grated carrots.
– Add the almond or coconut flour, the walnuts and/or pecans, cinnamon and salt and grind to you have perfect dough.
– With your hands you make 10 to 12 carrot dough balls, depending on the preffered size. Wrap greaseproof paper around a small plate and put the healthy truffles on the plate in the freezer
for 30 minutes.
How to make healthy carrot cake truffles – chocolate layer
– In the mean time you boil water in a small pan.
– As soon as the water boils, turn the gas of and put a small plate on top of the pan.
– Break the 85% chocolate in small pieces and put half a tablespoon of coconut oil in the middle of the plate. Make sure the chocolate doesn’t melt completely so you get a thick chocolate
How to make healthy carrot cake truffles – chocolate layer on the filling
– Take the carrot dough balls from the freezer and pour the hot chocolate sauce over the balls.
– Take a clean plate and a clean piece of greaseproof paper. Put the carrot cake truffles on the plate wrapped with paper and let them harden in the fridge.
– Keep them in the fridge and serve cold!
Ideal as a healthy replacement for cake, bonbons or sugary chocolate truffles. You can even serve them for dessert after a healthy dinner.
Another easy to make and delicious healthy snack is my healthy banana carrot bread.